Monday, 6 June 2011

MTV Movie Awards - The Gorgeous, The Bad + The Just Plain Ugly

Although Blake Lively (?!) had worn this and looked more glamorous might I add, Nikki looks gorgeous, and well put together. Which is more than I can say for some actresses...
The Gorgeous
This may be up for debate, however, to me this is a flop. Kristen looked better last year in my opinion. This Balmain mini seems outdated, and overdone. Too rocker-eek. And are her 'Pigalle' Louboutins are highly inappropriate(ly named).
The Bad
Despite the chic label - Giambattista Valli - Selena doesn't quite do it for me.The skirt looks unintentionally creased, as if she'd been naughty in the limo ride over with Justin, and makes the outfit look scruffy. The plain blouse and muted palette result in 'bla'. Although her shoes are amazing, and highlight her toned legs!
The Plain Ugly
This neon, electrified Michael Kors creation ticks all the right boxes for summer trends - including colour blocking. And of course paired with purple suede Christian Louboutins!
The Gorgeous

This is of course, my top 4 picks, there were loads more, however to me they seemed rather bland and nothing worth writing about. Or at least nothing nice. :)

What were your top picks?

xoxox

24 comments:

  1. I like the Selena one. I like the hair, the colors of the outfit, mmmmm... But yes Blake is Blake and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Thanks for your opinion :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Blake's electric blue look, it goes amazingly with her blonde hair! For the most part, I agree with these decisions, but Selena doesn't look that bad! Thanks for sharing! Lots of love from your follower, Veena <3

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you did this post! I missed it but I'm always interested in the dresses! I agree, Blake looks great!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for the feedback! Love hearing what other people thought :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite here is Kristen's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this.... I love to see the dresses... but these shoes are AWESOME, purple suede Christian Louboutins!
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I agree! :) To each their own as I love saying!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Blake Lively's dress-she looks fierce! Kristen Stewart's dress is gorgeus but i dont think it suits her at all Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes that is what I mean!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I like Kristen in that Balmain dress. Definitely agree it looks outdated, but Balmain is so bedazzled it always looks outdated :)

    Carissa
    gettingallready.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aha that is true Carissa!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just like you I think Nikki look fabulous. As for Kristen, I think she looked Plain Ugly. For a minute I thought that she wore the same dress - nothing new. X


    P.S. Don’t forget about my giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, good to see someone sees sense :P

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blake looks lovely!
    xx
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blake was my choice for best dressed as well! Everyone else pretty much looked like they didn't even spend time to put together an outfit, it was really disappointing.

    a peek of chic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, very much agree!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the fashion from that night! Nice post.

    xo,
    Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to agree that Selena's outfit is a miss....the top and the skirt don't go together at all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I actually like Kristen's outfit. It's very unique and I think the Balmain dress works for her. I'll agree that Selena's outfit was a miss. This outfits looks a little too "seasoned" for her.

    Check out my blog!

    fatandcurlyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heyy,
    Did you see Leighton Meester in a Balmain dress for the MTV awards too? I think she looked stunning and better than Kirsten Stewart :)

    http://socialitelife.com/leighton-meester-2011-mtv-movie-awards-06-2011/2011-mtv-movie-awards-red-carpet-57

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post,cool blog!
    xx Tanja

    http://neverdreamedaboutthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. loving the shoes! if u love shoes, pls check out my blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. really really like this blog, i need to follow you!

    ReplyDelete