Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Brazilian Blowdry

Now some of you may remember a while back I got the keratin hair treatment at a local salon. This was relatively similar to the Brazilian Blow dry, however slightly cheaper and safer.

As some of you may know the Brazilian blow dry has recently come under some heat, it supposedly uses harmful and dangerous chemicals, possibly causing cancer. The Daily mail have reported that straightening your hair is actually a safer alternative to this treatment; they only emit gentle infra-red heat.

If any of you are considering getting this treatment, please re-consider or do your research as you of course do not want to put your health at risk in exchange for sleek hair when there are safe methods which do not have side effects.



Really worth it?



xoxox


15 comments:

  1. a really good post, it's important people know what they're doing to their hair.

    http://styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister did it ans instead of 6 months it lasted 1. And the price... I prefer to go to the hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! I don't mind straightening my hair- it doesn't take too much time :) www.cuteybeautyfashionpassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the info I'm always wondering what to do about my 15 yr old daughter's hair! Sometimes you have to just embrace and love what you have naturally.
    www.fashion-isha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good to know. I have heard of this treatment but had no idea the potentially negative side effects!

    -H :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don;t think I would risk damaging my hair with something like this.Great post! :)
    xo
    Dora

    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Fashion-isha I totally agree,you have to accept what you have!

    Hope this helps you ladies make the right choice!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting. ive heard my stylist throw around the idea of this treatment. I was always curious on the results.
    thx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about this treatment. I'm sure it will look great on you but the Keratin treatments are very good as well. Love your blog! <3

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks girls!
    Good to know this is helping raise awareness

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there..mice blog...keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's well worth remembering that it's not all Keratin straighteners that contain Formaldehyde.
    Strange as it may sound, in Brazil, where the treatment is known as Escova Progressiva, the use of Formaldehyde is actually banned, so Keratin straightening products from there are actually much safer than those made in the States...

    ReplyDelete