Monday, 14 March 2011

Blonde?

I finished the book 'BLONDE' a while back, and if you don't know what it's about then here is an amazon blonde by Joyce Carol Oates link. I found it slightly confusing at times but overall a good read. If your a fan of Marilyn Monroe and are not squeamish then definitely give it a go!
I actually bought my copy for 10p but of course with £1.75 for postage added on. It's really long as well as you can see in the last picture, the book took me about 5 months to get through, though I wasn't reading it every night and sometimes could only bother to read a few pages!

I love books, and have a fascination with the 'Golden age' aka Audrey, Marilyn and Elizabeth Taylor. I know a lot of girls simply say they 'love' and are 'inspired' by these women yet know very little of them. In my case, this statement is completely true, I have watched a lot of their movies, read books on them and have numerous pictures and quotes from them. And not to mention, I cannot resist a well written book on an intriguing subject. My mum had always been a big reader, and takes every opportunity to remind me that ''by my age she had read over 400 books...'' but unfortunately during school time I don't have that much time to read a lot :( so I choose simpler books such as chick lit.


xoxox

P.S - I also want to mention this great follower of mine who let me know in a sweet message that she has included me in her 40 day favourite bloggers post, and here's a link to her blog

15 comments:

  1. congrats on being featured Alexa. would love for you to check out my site and follow my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexa, great blog! Thank you for your message from IFB. Of course I would love us to follow each other, so I've already started following you. I would be happy if you want to follow me as well. :)

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!
    Xoxo,
    Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature, that's where I found you. I read a lot myself, but as I student I also don't really have that much time to read as much as I want, which is why I cannot wait for summer =)

    http://cammiew4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Cammie! And thank you :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read that book! I heard it was really good!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup it is! a LOT of language though... be prepared

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds interesting. Over the past few years I've been terrible for reading, I'm either listening to music of flicking through fashion mags but since Jan i've been trying to make more of an effort. Sometimes it's just hard to find the time when there is so much going on


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds kinda cool, You should do like a proper book review on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is my review! LOL i dont wanna give anything more away

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on featuring!
    i'd like to read that book!
    Nice blog, i follow you!
    xoxo
    S


    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to read it (in portuguese, of course), but I found it rather confusing so I just gave up after 20 pages. You made me want to try it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha well if you liked it,try again!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete