Thursday, 4 November 2010

Yougo Blogger Award Entry:


Flipping through a well-thumbed copy of the latest Vogue, I find myself contemplating why am I reading this? Yes, there is something incredibly cosmopolitan and chic about this specific magazine; however do I really want to be reading about the latest Jimmy Choo heels or how what I am wearing has in fact already elapsed into fashion’s dusty history, and Cheryl Cole’s latest jacket is actually what I should have on in order to be considered ‘stylish’.


It seems nowadays celebrity culture has slowly but surely seeped into the pores of British society. Everywhere I look, there is either an advertisement featuring an unnaturally airbrushed celebrity or a model glowering back at me from the pages of a glossy magazine. The models are getting smaller and smaller, yet the influence of fashion is rapidly escalating. Simply walking around London, I can guarantee that you will see minions of fashion prancing about in the latest fashions sported by the latest ‘It Girl’. Is this really what should be influencing our youth?


The one thing I always use to determine what I wear is my confidence. It goes with everything. After all, it’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post! And the new banner!!! FAB! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, its for a journalist competition!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete