Saturday, 5 June 2010

Chick Lit


I have to admit, I absolutely love indulging in books of pure escapism, where the storyline goes something like Sex and the City, I've decided once gcse's are over, this summer I am going to buy literally a trunk load of chick lit to fill up my summer. Don't get me wrong, I love classics such as Jane Eyre and books which don't revolve around shallow,shopaholic women, but after all this work, I just want to relax and enjoy myself. I don't want to have to force myself to read a 500 page book written in Shakespearean language, which I won't understand. I've already had to do that for gcse English! Mind you, come school time in September I'll probably have to dust off some of those and re-read... oh the joy.
I found a fab website which reviews chick lit books, so you know which to avoid and which to snap up!
Anyway, a few I'm planning on buying are The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell (isn't the cover fab?!) and Last Night at chateau marmont by Lauren Weisberger, whose collection I've recently finished reading and loved!
What are your summer picks?
xoxox
P.S - Like my new font?

2 comments:

  1. that's so cool! there's a site called 'the book people' and it gives good deals e.g. i'm planning on buying 10 Paolo Coelho books for £10! £1 a book! craziness..will probs by some for Father's day on there too :)
    can't wait till gcses are over!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't see much of book related posts on most of the fash blogs - so, bravo to you!

    iloveeclair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete